Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Boomi)
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Boomi)
Type: Direct Hire
Work Eligibility: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holders only
Location: Remote – EST
Our client provides higher education and training to our country’s heroes – military service members, veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals that want to make a difference.
Our client is seeking a talented Senior Manager for Application Integration and will be responsible for leading, delivering, and supporting enterprise integration solutions. The Sr. Manager, Application Integration is accountable for project development, delivery, operations, support and will lead continuous improvement and overall team performance. This person will provide leadership to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, collaborating with internal and external software engineering, infrastructure, operation/support, project management, and architecture groups. This is an extraordinary opportunity to lead and expand integration, related technologies within a diverse, growing organization.
The Sr. Manager, Application Integration should be a hands-on subject matter expert in the integration space with proven ability to execute responsibilities within a deadline and fast-paced environment. Extensive experience of multiple back-end languages, .NET/Java frameworks, API development, and custom plugins and tools. She/he will be responsible for leading the Application Integration team, mentorship, and assistance to members to partner with IT and other Business teams to identify, define, analyze and implement solutions with high scalability, performance, and 24×7 availability.
- Must have deep hands-on experience delivering and implementing application integration solutions, including APIs, APM, and Cloud-based technologies.
- Accountable to manage, coordinate, and optimize associate and partner resources, both on/offshore, to satisfy application integration delivery and SLA objectives.
- Works closely with IT teams and vendors to ensure projects follow SDLC/PLC, delivered on-time and on-budget with quality along with improving operational and functional capabilities.
- Develops capacity/demand plan to effectively manage current and forecasted project staffing and skill requirements.
- Formalizes policies, tool, methods, and standard operating procedures (SOP) with documentation and training as and where needed, manages vendor relationships for software support, resolution assistance, and escalations.
- Demonstrates a strategic Service Oriented and Event Driven Architecture perspective to achieve competitive advantage and provides thought and consultative leadership.
- Analyzes complex facts to make sound decisions and the ability to develop innovative and creative delivery solutions to achieve overall Application Integration and SOA strategies and objectives.
- Proactive in the identification, communication, and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or initiative; seeks innovative ways to remove/overcome obstacles.
- Maintains review at Executive/Director level project delivery, operational, and support performance and improvement opportunities.
- Ensures Disaster Recovery/Crisis Management/Business Continuity plans are in established and tested.
- Learns, stays current, and establishes improvement opportunities with people, process, and technology, leveraging current and creating new KPI/metrics and targets; compliments enterprise needs and wants.
- Responsible for Change Management and contributes to Project/Release Plan
- Strong experience with APM tools, both for development and operational support, including monitoring, flow/log mgmt., SLA, automated alerts, etc.
- Conducts associate performance reviews, career development, and coaching as and when needed.
- Assists with additional duties and responsibilities as needed or requested.
- Experience in application integration architecture and solutioning, application development, security, and supporting agile-based delivery.
- Ability to set priorities, including for others, meet deadlines, and manage projects.
- Experience working in a 24×7 environments; ability to work flexible hours and be on-call.
- Experience with databases (SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. IIS, Apache).
- Expertise with debugging code, triaging issues, and providing customer experience enhancing solutions.
- Analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Takes initiative and excellent time management.
- Leads organizational improvements and advances resources with new opportunities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including for non-technical resources and executive management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12+ years of overall IT experience with 5+ years having led Application Integration teams and programs on multi-platform technical environments.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on, application integration development and implementation experience with one for the following major middleware vendors: Boomi, MuleSoft, WebMethods, or Tibco.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IS/IT concepts across a broad spectrum which includes application development, service-oriented and event-driven architecture, and application integration.
- Strong management skills with ability to effectively collaborate with Sr. Managers/Directors/PMs.
- Planning and estimating application integration projects, identify risks, and lead communication and execution of strategy and objectives.
- Proven track record in meeting project commitments and managing staff while overseeing the development of multiple, concurrent projects with onshore/offshore resources.
- Experience developing utilizing DevOps/Agile SDLC, Testing, and CI/CD required.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux server environments.
- Please note that you may be asked to provide your Web portfolio in addition to your application and resume.