Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Microsoft Exchange Migration Engineer
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
This opportunity particularly focuses on the migration from On Premise Exchange 2013 to On Premise Exchange 2019. During the migration period, the candidate will also provide advanced administration and technical support for the current multi-data center, Microsoft Exchange environment, architected to support mission critical email and collaboration services for approximately 5,000 users. The environment supports integrated desktop collaboration suite including Outlook, SharePoint, Lync/Skype and Office365 technologies.
- Maintain and support the on premise Microsoft Exchange 2013 environment and all messaging components.
- Recommend and perform any needed maintenance, upgrades, and installations to ensure the most optimal messaging environment.
- Work with members of the Network & Security teams on integration of other messaging systems
- Develop and maintain documentation for all responsible environments. Understand and adhere to applicable data privacy practices and laws. Perform official change control as necessary.
- Fulfill escalated tickets pertaining to Outlook 2013+, Outlook Web Access, email client functionality via mobile devices, Exchange, backup, recovery, as well as other issues that may arise
- The ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment while effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Provide expertise and assistance for routine customer inquiries as well as emergency and operational matters utilizing exceptional customer service orientation
- Monitor alerts and thresholds, taking preventive or corrective action to resolve
- Work together with LAN/WAN teams to troubleshoot network related issues for Exchange using proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Monitor and test Exchange performance and provide performance statistics and trends reports utilizing strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft operating systems
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of various versions of MS Exchange 2013 – 2019 and Office 365.
- In-depth migration experience from on-premises Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2016/2019 and Hybrid Migrations.
- In-depth knowledge of various features and configurations available in Exchange 2013 – 2019, High availability (DAG), Public Folder Management, Messaging Policies and Compliance, Configuring Reporting and Logging, Permissions and Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Transport Rules, Retention Policies and Tags.
- Extensive knowledge of Exchange PowerShell scripting, process automation, and command line administration
- Thorough knowledge on Active Directory Object Administration and Management
- Experience with Exchange, ActiveSync, Public Folders, Microsoft Office Communicator & Lync Unified Communications including use of the voice, desktop sharing, and federation services
- Five plus years of experience in delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, rollout and support with Windows Active Directory and Exchange.
- Proficiency and experience in combinations of Exchange Messaging upgrades, Business Continuity & High Availability, Messaging Consolidation, Secure Messaging, Messaging Archiving, Unified Messaging, Mobile Messaging, Office Communications Server and Exchange scripting
- 5+ years of Senior Level Experience administering on premise Microsoft Exchange 2010+.
- 7+ years of Senior Level Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
- On-call availability
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed