Senior .NET Developer
Gravity IT Resources
The Senior .Net Developer role is responsible for providing full-stack technical solutions to support the application portfolio. The team manages an IT portfolio consisting of applications that support various R&D lab, quality, regulatory, marketing, and manufacturing functions. With a primary focus on web applications, APIs, and associated technologies, this role will support a suite of intranet applications, interfaces to the formula management system (Product Vision) as well as downstream systems, and data synchronization with the data warehouse. As a Senior Developer, this position requires interactions with a diverse set of internal customers – on a global scale – including IT, R&D, and technical end users to drive projects to completion within established timelines.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with GLS management and team members, R&D, IT, business analysts, and end-users in leading the conceptualization and development efforts of new value-added technical features.
- Analyze and assess both proposed enhancements and existing procedures to optimize performance, data security, and ensure scalability. Communicate recommendations to management.
- Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
- Analyze and plan application release upgrades and database refreshes.
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude for established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design responsive and intuitive application user interfaces and scalable database objects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and customer requirements to design and build intranet solutions utilizing multiple technologies (Webforms, .NET Core, MVC/MVVM).
- Assist with project implementation and deployment activities within the established timelines.
Maintenance and Support
- Design, develop, deploy, test, and maintain technical objects that exist in the GLS applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions, and custom application extensions.
- Create process flows and high-level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
- Provide customer support for business-critical application problems and issues.
- Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
- Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Schedule and organize meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical application problems and issues.
- Analyze the performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and the approval of the supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics, and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of experience Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases, Oracle, and/or SQL Server
- Development of multi-tiered applications using .NET Framework and Web Services
- Experience with UI components framework and libraries – Kendo UI preferred
- Experience with using version control software such as GitHub
- Experience successfully working independently and efficiently meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills