Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Scrum Master
Location: Onsite – Palm Beach, FL
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Work Eligibility: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holders only
Referral Fee: $500+
This job provides leadership and direction to Agile teams, serves as an expert in the Scrum process, and enforces Scrum rules and framework. Candidates in this role organize and facilitate release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story refining sessions, and related activities. Additionally, candidates must embrace and display servant leadership behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile and facilitate the team becoming self- managing and high-performing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and facilitates work planning, PI planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint and release planning (Agile Ceremonies)
- Facilitates collaboration for both internal and external teams, identifying risk, resolving conflict, removing impediments, and reducing external dependencies
- Coaches team members and stakeholders in preparation for Scrum ceremonies and events
- Coaches team in Agile sizing techniques, makes appropriate and realistic commitments, and works closely with Product Owners
- Uses tools to prepare, communicate, and share team metrics and delivery results
- Working with the Product Owner, helps to create a product roadmap, coaches the writing of value-driven user stories, features, and epics, and maintains a well-refined backlog
- Manage end-to-end delivery of multiple workstreams in line with strategic business objectives and organization guidelines:
- Acquire and coordinate necessary resources to meet project needs.
- Plan and track all project activities using Jira, Structure, Teams, SharePoint and other project management tools.
- Work with business analysts and solution architects to develop high level understanding of scope and translate the requirements into effective project plan.
- Conduct planning sessions with various stakeholders to create documented management plans that specify the project plan and scope.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects and ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Upon project completion conduct meetings with stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition of services from implementation to support.
- Manage and support the project prioritization and intake process.
- Provides regular feedback to the Agile Transformation Team about new insights and lessons learned from team experiences
- Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters within the organization through various COP’s
- Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- SAFe Agile Experience
- Ability to many multiple teams
- Communication and Good Listening Power
- Coaching and Facilitation techniques
- Flexibility and Persistence
- Partnership with the Product Owner Required Skills
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years