Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Scrum Master
Location: Miami, FL (Hybrid)
Duration: 9-month contract to hire
Referral Fee: 100+/- per month based on monthly hours worked.
Gravity is seeking a Senior Scrum Master to facilitate team execution and planning by guiding the flow of work and eliminating waste and roadblocks. Champion leading practices and continuous improvement to achieve team objectives.
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Mgmt., Computer Science, Industrial Engineering).
- Project management, scrum master, or delivery coach experience.
- Experience with ecommerce, cruise, and travel industry a plus
Competencies & Cultural Fit:
- Drives results – focuses on delivering quality code to production environments.
- Collaborates – comfortable being a member of a cross-functional team driving toward a single purpose.
- Being resilient – able to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Fostering Teamwork: ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team Agile knowledge – demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum and lean methodologies.
- Observant – able to perceive cues to clear or prevent roadblocks.
- Collegial and open communication style; fact-based.
- Devoted to continual communication and transparency Resourceful and resilient, collaborative by nature.
- Demonstrates self-awareness.
- Collaborate with product owner and architect owner to assure that all team members are aware of the team's approach, progress, upcoming activities, and potential blockers; promote good planning habits.
- Advocate for Agile principles at the team level through coaching.
- Coach the team to faster velocity and smaller variance by fostering an understanding of the team's capacity.
- Promote the use of the Kanban board as the team's organization, status, and planning tool.
- Promote the mindset of incremental improvements.
- Perform analysis of team performance through burn down charts, control charts, and other standard tools built into Jira.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, and Architecture Owner to assure that the team's backlog exists and is prioritized.
- Collaborate with portfolio and business relationship management teams to size and prioritize requests for new deliverables.
- Champion and follow the cone of uncertainty estimation principles.
- Champion the use of data driven estimation tools.
- Serve as an "information radiator" to facilitate effective communication.
- Participate in scrum of scrums to escalate roadblocks / risks – to accomplish this, must collaborate with team to fully understand the risk / roadblock, consequences, and potential solutions.
- Use backlog, metrics, and facts driven from data to insulate the team from excessive planning, scrutiny, and other wasteful activities.
- Serve as the champion for use of Jira as an organizational, planning, execution, and performance improvement tool for the teams.
- Help identify and communicate the minimum administrative work required Help fill in gaps with Jira and the ticketing process as required.
- Facilitate cross-team interactions to remove impediments and provide transparency.
- This includes coordination work with other product teams, marketing, ecommerce, infrastructure teams, and external vendors as required.
- Promote the use of Jira and other data driven tools to identify dependencies and ranges for addressing these dependencies.
- Provide transparency to the team's backlog in an automated fashion – identify tools to facilitate the evaluation of different scenarios.
- Collaborate with architect owner and solution architects to produce required information flow and architectural diagrams.
- Own and execute team-level ceremonies, including daily standup, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and retrospectives.
- Create a culture of experimentation and analysis.
- Ensure the team's automated test coverage of code is greater than 80% (as measured by Codacy and SBT test tools).
- Team deployments to production happen frequently (Weekly by month 2, Daily by month 4) – These deployments do not have to be live to end users, but that is encouraged for learning and feedback.
- Work in process limits for validation are not violated. If more than X tickets are in a status of "review / validation / Etc" divert legacy development team member to write the necessary end-to-end test and perform the validation. The objective is frequent learning and fully completed capabilities.
- Work with the team to create a list of improvement ideas. Add one idea to this list and execute it every two weeks. Track the results. Outcome is to have a list with one executed idea for every two weeks the team has been in operation (25 per year).
- Focus on the cycle time of the team (from to-do to in-production) – these measures will correspond with the team's deployment frequency (initially in the 7–10-day range, moving to the 2–3-day range by month 4) Also track the standard deviation of cycle time. Objective is 50% of the cycle time goal. If cycle time goal is 7 days, Std. deviation goal is 3.5 days.
- Address the impeccability of deployments by shooting for an error rate of deployments lower than 10%.
- Business value metrics (define objectives here).