Gravity IT Resources
Job title: Senior Software Configuration Analyst
Time Zone: EST Time Zone
Duration: Full Time
Work Authorization: USC/Green Card Holder
The Software Configuration Analyst will work on the Software Configuration Management team to support the tracking, building, configuration, integration, and deployment of software applications into our client's test and production environments as well as the test and production environment for which there are shared services. This position will report to the Manager, Software Configuration and provide support to Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, Developers, QA Team members, System Administrators and Project Management personnel who work together on teams producing software applications and integrating both in-house and external applications into our client's systems/networks.
- Builds and troubleshoots software releases and hotfixes.
- Completes assignments and assigned tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploys software and database packages to test environments.
- Prepares deployment packages and instructions to provide to the System Administrators for production environments.
- Maintains configuration files.
- Creates code branches and performs merges between releases.
- Works with a team to develop and implement process improvements using automation tools and techniques
- Review and test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to software configuration management and infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Work with a team to establish and promote DevOps best practices.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT, TFVC and SVN.
- Adheres to and promotes compliance with company build, configuration management, and data security policies/procedures, both individually and for developers and other IT personnel with whom he/she interacts.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of work assignments and drive tasks to completion accurately and on schedule in a timely manner.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and keep pace with a fast paced development cycle and weekly/daily hotfixes as required.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, skill, and quality in performing CM builds and creating deployment packages.
- Responds to support requests from Manager, Software Configuration and senior team members.
- Flexibility to adapt to change and new policies and procedures as required.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field required.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role) required; experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Minimum two years’ experience with SQL Server (development) required; SSRS; SSIS; SSAS preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft PC desktop operating systems.
- Ability to work with core Microsoft applications in a Windows environment with some exposure/support to Linux/Unix environments and Azure or AWS.
- Ability to provide build/release support by e-mail, phone, remote assistance, and face-to-face; professional demeanor and good communications skills are required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule – core coverage hours of support are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, but this position will share an on-call rotation to provide emergency build support on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Solid team player
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic, expanding environment, both with and without direct supervision.
- Ability to learn the fundamentals of building and deploying all software products used at the Universitys.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills and procedures.