Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Remote but must be close to the following markets: Miami, Raleigh, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas and/or Houston
Referral Fee: $1900-$2200
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for Senior Software Developer.
The ideal candidate will possess .Net Core. Comprehensive knowledge of Angular are also required.
Our client is one of five entities working to serve the business community in the janitorial and protection services areas. Our partner is two of the largest and fastest growing, privately owned providers of high quality janitorial and security services in the United States. People are also at the center of their Core Values. Their People First core value clearly states that “we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity”.
The Senior Software Developer role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Developer II will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion and provide support to other departments where required.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for working closely with business stakeholders and other members of the Software Development team to deliver against business requirements documents for various new and upgrade projects. The ability to work in a semi-agile environment through development, testing, and delivery is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to multi-task, attention to detail and quality focus, and foster a positive, open work environment.
The Senior Software Developer will own business-critical applications plus will be responsible for development of new capabilities in other core systems as required by business-driven initiatives. Must be well versed in REST API, .NET, C#, Visual Studio and MS SQL 2012-2019 technologies, including T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, functions and views with a focus on execution performance. The role also requires an emphasis on ease of use as well as data integrity when developing windows and web interfaces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operational Management
- Develop data interfaces and migration processes using REST API technologies
- Effectively analyze technical requirements
- Participate in project planning and advise project team of all options to deliver business requirements most effectively
- Plan and execute system tests and write complex code
- Form complete descriptions of all specifications required
- Suggest ideas for creating utilities and streamlining
- Generate development scripts in accordance with company’s Release Management protocol
- Control data in accordance with the organization’s security policies
- Prepare charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in development analysis
- Process analysis and workflow design to build efficient technical solutions
- Program core system functions and capabilities (C# and database stored procedures, triggers, functions, views)
- Responsible for the creation of reports
- Interact regularly with managers, clients and vendors to field queries and questions
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed
- Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of software development with at least 3 years developing REST APIs in C# / .NET Core
- Demonstrated experience writing complex SQL queries utilizing Joins, subqueries, indexes and functions – this is a requirement
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge in .NET technologies and development, including demonstrated expertise in .NET Core, MVC, Web Services/REST APIs and Git – this is a requirement
- Demonstrated expertise in Angular a requirement
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2019 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 thru 2019
- Experience using extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tools (experience with SSIS a plus)
- Security-focused programming skills. Experience with OWASP preferred
- Logical and analytical skills. Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask; be self-motivated and work as an active team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and dynamic, with demonstrated initiative to lead projects with little direction
- Business knowledge in Accounting, Account Receivables, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Experience as a Software Developer in an Agile/Kanban/Scrum environment a plus.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed