Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Referral Fee: $2,400
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for an expert Senior Software Engineer to to build and work on applications within their suite of software products.
The successful candidate will possess expert level C# knowlege, and experience with C++. This resource must have experience modernizing a legacy application into SaaS or microservice architecture.
Our client is a leading provider of innovative products and services for the building components industry. Their software includes design and manufacturing programs that streamline the building process, while automated equipment and extensive range of metal connector products enhance customer productivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based applications
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Software Development Managers to help translate business needs into technical requirements and actions.
- Mentor and encourage the use of best practices, application of Computer Science fundamentals and facilitate collaboration within the team
- Prepare software documentation including technical diagrams and manuals on the design, use and operation of the software
- Develop automated unit tests for applications according to company standards
- Analyze and provide solutions to complex technical problems and projects
- Participate in peer review sessions of solutions and related code, ensure software quality throughout the complete SDLC
Required Experience & Skills:
- Experience modernizing a legacy application into SaaS or microservice architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 8+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Knowledge and proven experience with various Development Methodologies and Frameworks such as Agile and Scrum
- Complete understanding of multiple SDLC and ability to mentor others on SDLC
- Proficiency with C#
- Experience with C++
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Expert knowledge and application of SOLID design principles
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills, ability to work on complex development tasks and large modules/features
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; ability to generate and deliver presentations
- Ability to work in teams and independently, able to coach new or less experienced developers in day to day operations as well as technical knowledge
- Will work on the team responsible for data centralization and de-coupling core functionality into services
- Senior-level experience in modern C++ (C++ 11, C++ 17, Standard Library.
- Proficient in C#. The application is written in C++ but we are adding new features in C# where possible.
- Experience in an Agile development environment, strong collaboration with customers and Alpine engineers.