Senior User Experience Designer
Gravity IT Resources
The Senior User Experience Designer will work with business leads, IT, and field employees to steer the design of innovative, industry leading digital products and integrated user experiences. This role will partner with internal and external teams to promote the UX process, including discovery, research, workflow and UI design, and usability testing. Systems should be developed with a user-first approach, ensuring that designs and experiences empower stores to meet and exceed their sales mission.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with business partners to understand needs and define requirements for websites and software applications.
- Partner with IT and the Business to plan for new products and applications, defining design activities and helping with the product strategy.
- Oversee UX research to gain strategic insights that inform design activities.
- Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations.
- Apply user-centered design approaches and methodologies when developing solutions for all platforms and touchpoints.
- Partner with Digital Technology to establish research-backed style guides.
- Lead UX specialists in project work across multiple products.
- Evaluate project needs and select, plan, and ensure execution of appropriate UX research and design methods.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Translate business and user needs into usable, visually compelling, and technically sound interactive solutions.
- Communicate concepts using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes and prototypes).
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Develop an effective and efficient information architecture.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through in-person usability testing, remote usability testing, click-stream analytics, surveys, card sorts, field studies, etc.
- Establish and maintain UI consistency across designed systems.
- Coach UX specialists in presenting their work effectively to business stakeholders and IT.
- Utilize a flexible approach to changing priorities in an Agile work environment.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, marketing, brand, IT and other stakeholders on the implementation and support of design solutions.
- Maintain, refresh, and implement style guides, as trends and technology change.
- Evolve and refine the design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints.
- Ensure responsive design practices are part of the experience solutioning process for both web and mobile applications.
- Coach and mentor UX specialists in all aspects of UX, including research and design methods as well as soft skills like communication and collaboration.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Mentor and coach developers in UX principles and best practices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, business teams, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT and/or Business experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing usable interfaces for the web using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes, mockups, prototypes).
- Understanding of responsive web design concepts and mobile applications.
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience building wire frames, developing prototypes, and performing UX research. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
- Understanding of standard expected interfaces and basic user behaviors.
- Hands-on experience working with stakeholders to build and formulate business requirements.
- Strong background in user-centered design approach and methodology.
- Proficient in collaborative design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in Agile development a plus.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong creative eye with attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to transform an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity