Senior UX Designer
Gravity IT Resources
TITLE: Senior UX Designer (Contract)
DEPARTMENT: User Experience / Front End Web Development
Please include portfolio work with submission!
Position Description: We are looking for an experienced designer that can work independently with minimal support for an initial two-month contract (to be extended.) An ideal candidate for this contract excels in design thinking, cross-functional collaboration, and possesses a firm understanding of industry best practices in native mobile and mobile-first web experiences.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with internal and cross-functional teams
- Works well with cross-disciplinary teams, including FEWD, to create functional and engaging product experiences
- Proficient in communicating direction, design principles, and design specifications
- Developing processes and approaches to solving design problems
- Employs best practices as well as some novel solutions
- Creating experience maps, user scenarios, and flows
- Designs user experiences from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity prototypes
- Creates rapid prototypes to validate design concepts
- Provides feedback to other designers on the team
- Presenting work to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Demonstrates experience executing design practices within Agile software development
- Collaborates with Project Owners and Business Analysts to build and maintain a product backlog
- Works closely with partners on the crafting of requirements and user stories.
- Understands and considers business goals in their design decisions/solutions.
- Senior UX Designers are seasoned communicators and problem solvers that build strong relationships. They can confidently contribute to most projects with limited guidance.
- Experience: Senior team members are high-level performers who have experience in leading parts of larger projects collaboratively or leading smaller projects alone. They demonstrate domain expertise, knowledge of process, and strong communication skills. They have likely shipped several products / major features at this stage in their career.
- Communication: Senior team members have strong written and verbal communication skills. They can clearly and confidently share decision-making rationale and document decisions. They can present in small and large group settings in a succinct and authoritative manner.
- Relationships: Senior team members have strong relationships with peers and stakeholders and are trusted members of their product teams. Seniors influence stakeholders, manage those relationships effectively, and do so regularly. They can speak to difficult or complex problems, timelines, and negotiate requirements based on user or business needs.
- Presence: Seniors serve as a professional standard to the team’s junior contributors. As they take on more responsibility, the expectations become more demanding—a senior member of the team should be dependable, consistent, and able to quickly react in a remote environment. Seniors are expected to be active in all team activities, attend all ceremonies and meetings, contribute to working sessions, provide feedback to team members, and inform strategic thought work from the context of their product area with guidance from Leads.
- Accountability: Seniors take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with little oversight.
- 5-7+ years hands-on designing product experiences or general UX design
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience contributing in a heavily cross-functional environment
- Working knowledge of modern industry standard design tools (Figma preferred) and design systems
- Experience designing native mobile apps
- Experience in ecommerce
- Working knowledge of design research methodologies