Server Administrator III
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Server Administrator III
Location: Savannah, GA
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly.
Our client is a Health system based in Savannah, Georgia and is a national Magnet-designated facility for nursing excellence, with a focus on the latest technologies and research. Its comprehensive network includes centers of excellence for oncology, cardiovascular, neurosciences, women’s and children’s services, orthopedics and a variety of other disease specialties. Our partner is one of only 16 original health systems selected as part of the National Cancer Institute’s Community Cancer Centers Program, bringing the latest clinical trials and treatments to local communities. Comprised of two of the oldest continuously operating hospitals in the United States. This not-for-profit health system serves 33 counties in southeast Georgia and the South Carolina Low Country and is the largest and only faith-based institution in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for activities related to system administration.
- Serves as a senior resource and technical lead in Information Services (IS) projects.
- Provides support for day to day issues and requests escalated to the Server Administration Team.
- Performs work as assigned on various projects, activities, and ensures work is completed to standard.
- Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in managing a virtualized environment in a medium or large-scale enterprise that includes ESX, vCenter, SAN Storage or similar storage technologies.
- Must have experience supporting Active Directory, DNS, Windows Servers, and DHCP.
- Administers Microsoft Exchange environment
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency. Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- May be assigned responsibility for less experienced staff.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Computer Science Preferred.
- Equivalent work experience or combination of some college and specialized training in installation and operation of enterprise operating systems, software, and hardware will be considered.
- 5 Years Required Serving as a technical resource supporting enterprise information technology Infrastructure;
- Extensive knowledge of network concepts and computer operating systems, including Windows 7 and 10, Windows server 2008 – 2019, VMware virtualization, SAN and backup/recovery technologies. Knowledge of: LAN, WAN, WLAN and VOIP.
- Professional certification required: Must possess one or more industry certifications such as Microsoft MCITP/MCSA/MCSE, VMware VCP/VCAP.