Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Morrisville, NC
Job-Type: Contract to Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,800
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a Service Desk Manager for our privately held pharmaceutical solutions client.
The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing and directing a service desk team in support of 1,000+ employees across multiple geographic locations. This role is responsible for leading and overseeing all Service and Support Desk elements to include ticket management, SLA metrics, PC imaging/deployments, PC hardware/software inventories and incident triage and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of technology support delivered to the end-user community to include desktop installs, moves, adds, changes, procurement, stocking levels of equipment and parts, etc.
- Oversee daily volume of tickets; help prioritize tickets across all departments to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Define internal Support Desk performance indicators for quality assurance in support of customer facing performance indicators and present them to management.
- Proactively manage communications pertaining to technical support, operations, changes, outages, and issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Regularly communicate service performance levels to key stakeholders.
- Serve as key point of contact for all matters related to the Service and Support Desks, including: implementation of Support Desk strategy and initiatives, client and/ or account team escalations, hardware maintenance and warranty agreements, KPI reporting, team member productivity and hours of coverage.
- Manage resources to achieve objectives and satisfy client requirements; promote cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness within the department.
- Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with stakeholders as required.
- Collaborate with members of the IT Infrastructure team to ensure alignment of technology and access policies and best practices.
- Ensure and drive an engaged service oriented culture
- Assist with maintenance of the Trialcard printing environment, not limited to, but including: Print Server, Physical printers, Print drivers, toner/ink supply, Printer wiki upkeep, and scheduling and logging 3rd party maintenance/repair calls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in information systems, desktop/support desk or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Thorough understanding of Service Now and the ability to generate reports to measure KPIs and service levels for the team.
- Ability to analyze problems and to make recommendations that address maintenance requirements, manpower availability, contractual obligations and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current computer network applications including structure, architecture and standardization
- Oversee the destruction of “retired” assets while ensuring the protection of company intellectual property
- Assist the IT Asset Manager with identification of end-user hardware lifecycles to identify refresh schedules
- Lead coordination of quarterly hardware refresh schedules for end users
- Proven experience managing Incident, Problem and Change Management on ITIL based incident management service platforms. Thorough understanding of Service Now is preferred.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems, to include Windows 10.
- Experience supporting workforce identity and authentication tools. Familiarity with Okta and Duo is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities. Experience with SCCM is preferred.
- Familiarity with network printing. Experience with Paper-cut is preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Driven to collaborate with all areas of the organization in order to provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Customer-first attitude and high performance driven.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.