Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Software Automation Engineer
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: FTE
Our partner is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
We are hiring a Systems Automation Engineer in a Corporate IT team. You will research, recommend, automate, deploy, manage, and retire processes, tools, systems, and infrastructure; this will ultimately improve the performance, scalability, security and compliance of multiple internal IT systems, taking us to the next level of our IT journey. The ideal candidate will be a current software developer with a deep background in IT Operations.
- Automates manual tasks using advanced knowledge of Linux, networking, identity systems and programming
- Manages servers, networking equipment, cloud environments, and a wide range of other IT systems as they relate to the above
- Keeps knowledge of these systems current, and pushes out new features as they become available
- Keeps these systems secure and compliant with all applicable regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
- Participates in the on-call rotation; works long/late hours and weekends occasionally
- Trains IT support staff as applicable
- Can be 100% remote; we prefer a hybrid schedule: 2 days remote, 3 days onsite
Skills & Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Identity systems: Kerberos, LDAP, AD, Okta, SAML, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the IT Operations/IT Systems Administration world including Linux and Windows, networking, scripting, information security, on-premises and cloud environments, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of middleware and related IT systems glue. We prefer strong experience connecting HRIS systems (ADP, Workday, etc) to Identity Directories (LDAP, Okta, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of APIs
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD workflows
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Must have conceptualization skills and be able to easily engage in abstract thinking and logical reasoning
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to stay calmed under (system) fire
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization and communication skills.