Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: $3,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
One of our clients is looking to hire two Software Development Managers to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have experience with the .NET framework, experience managing a team of engineers, and someone that understands Agile/Kanban. Ideally our client is looking for someone that comes from a SaaS background.
Our client is a leading provider of SaaS program management information software for capital projects. This client is now a division of a $2.6B global corporation with operations in dozens of counties around the globe. This company values integrity, teamwork, innovation and responsiveness and offers cutting edge benefits and perks.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage teams with in-house and outsourced software engineers and software QA engineers working on product features and customs development.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle as needed, from analysis through release utilizing Agile methodology.
- Develop and communicate effectively with customers, professional services, product management, product marketing, customer success, customer support, and other engineering team members regarding all work activities.
- Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to current work under development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing software teams with short release cycles (weekly releases).
- Experience working and/or supporting B2B SaaS web based applications.
- Experience hiring and building teams with internal resources and outsourcing firms.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technology stack (ASP.NET, VB/C#, SQL Server, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Experience managing or participating in customs development efforts and tracking revenue recognition is a plus.
- Experience with agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate effectively with management, engineers, and internal and external customers.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a management team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents, diagrams, data models, and process documents.
- Ability to write business and technical specification documents that convey complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to learn quickly and meet high expectations.
- Customer-focused with excellent follow through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.