Gravity IT Resources
Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Remote (EST)
Job Type: Contract
This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, documentation, and review of technology solutions that meet the business and IT needs of the organization. This individual will also be responsible for providing technical leadership for projects and will be accountable for the end-to-end solution and delivery. Individual will be the focal and escalation point for all -technical delivery issues on these efforts. Must have experience with PaaS providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure and knowledge of supporting systems within cloud infrastructures.
Role drives collaboration with stakeholders including ITS teams, technology partners, business customers, and vendors to ensure that the participants are effectively communicating and aligned on technical deliverables. In addition, role will not have direct reports but does lead cross-functional technical resources to deliver on desired outcomes.
For projects, the role will be responsible for technical oversight of the design to ensure adherence to enterprise standards, reduction of complexity, and reusability. Other responsibilities include leading pre-project consulting and estimation efforts, implementation planning, deployment activities, and support transition. The role will be to work closely with Project Managers and other technology stakeholders to ensure all technical deliverables are carefully planned, staffed, and tracked completed on time and with high quality.
- Responsible for the architectural design (Solution and Data) and ensures compliance of solutions to Enterprise Architecture Principles and Technology Architecture Patterns.
- Accountable for technical delivery for assigned projects (Solution and Data).
- Leverage the current and approved technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards, and established patterns to create solution and data designs that deliver the required business capabilities.
- Collaborate with other architects, developers, and engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
- Collaborate with BU IT management and business stakeholders to help gain consensus and drive decisions required for projects and/or initiatives.
- Approval of detailed technical designs and vendor technical designs to
- Ensure the adherence to enterprise standards
- Reduce complexity
- Increase reusability
- Drives down costs and complexity by using enterprise standards
- Designs solutions that meet the best interest of multiple stakeholders including those of the project and enterprise level
- Designs solutions that leverage enterprise tools and have reusable components and services
- Works with business users to reduce technical complexity introduced by business requirements
- Ensures designs meet business requirements
- Provide recommendations that yield efficiencies in technology support costs and improve performance while meeting customer requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced associates.
- Translate highly technical problems in a manner that can be understood in business terms to a variety of audiences including project managers and business executives.
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and can focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose.
- Driving desired outcomes and decisions through trust and influence.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
- Acts as the lead Technology Services representative in the delivery of technology solutions
- Provides overall technical leadership and directs teams in the delivery of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, and technical stakeholders to deliver on the following responsibilities for end-to-end technical delivery.
- Partners with PM to ensure a successful release to production including transition activities
- Assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, and collaborates to drive toward mutually beneficial outcomes
- Drives to effectively resolve and provide awareness for technical issues and risks
- Manages the partner relationship to ensure delivery of technical work done by 3rd party partners or vendors.
- Provides feedback on the performance of internal technical team members to their leaders
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, either independently or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can leverage the organizational structure and, through using interpersonal relationships, influence others to drive decisions quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with groups across ITS, our business customers and partners
- Candidate must be highly accountable, drives for results
- Ability to follow/implement guidelines and technologies to develop solution architecture for their respective business unit
- Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards
- Contributes to and participates in Architectural Governance Processes and Procedures
- Evaluates the end-to-end solutions and oversees the solution architecture components
Software Development & Technical Responsibilities:
- Strong Software Development – advanced knowledge in multiple of the following:
- Microsoft .NET, .Net Core, C# and Key Frameworks
- Microsoft Azure Components & Architecture
- AWS Components & Architecture
- SQL / DBA Technologies
- Web Services / SOA / SSO Technologies
- Messaging technologies
- API technologies
- Github / Jenkins
- CI/CD Development
- Architecture knowledge
- Must have experience with delivering cloud-based solutions (private and public)
- Troubleshooting skills – advanced level required to troubleshoot the solution across both software and infrastructure components
- Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging insights and keeps skills current with modern technologies and tools
- Domain Knowledge in Software Development, Software Design
- Must have experience / background with systems integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 10 years related experience in an IT discipline.
- Must have 7+ years application development experience
- Must be able to assist / coordinate vendor management activities
- Must have proven track record of out-of-the-box thinking
- Oversees and directs technical staff activities (design to implementation / warranty)
- Evaluates business requirements and high-level designs for delivering proper solutions
- Systems analysis design and debugging of new systems / integrations
- Escalation of issues or options and facilitates technical sessions with resolution
- Skilled with knowledge transfers
- Ability to support and troubleshoot complex integrations and data components
- Works with geographically dispersed teams