Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: SQA Analyst
Location: Lakeland, FL
Referral Fee: $250 +/- $85
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity is looking for an SQA Analyst to spearhead our client’s web and mobile application testing efforts.
Our client is $32B, supermarket chain operating in Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. Technology is a major driver of this company’s efforts to continue to deliver exceptional value to its customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst is responsible for ensuring software quality in Information System’s projects. The SQA Analyst is responsible for all Quality Assurance (QA) activities throughout the project’s life cycle. The SQA Analyst works closely with the Project Leadership team to ensure QA activities are planned and executed.
- Test Planning. Works directly with project teams to understand testing requirements for the project. Develops strategies and plans for approval from the Project Lead. Provides estimates and task lists for the testing activities within projects.
- Test Analysis. Reviews project requirements and design specifications to ensure test requirements can be derived from other project deliverables. Using these deliverables, determines testing requirements that define the testing to be developed and executed for the project.
- Test Design. From project requirements and design specifications, designs the test cases, test procedures, and coverage within testing tools. Makes decisions on appropriate levels of test automation within projects.
- Test Case Creation. From the design of the cases and procedures, creates manual or automated test cases and procedures from the test design specifications.
- Testing. Conducts testing activities from test plans. Verifies testing results and accurately tracks defects.
- Project Metrics. Performs metrics analysis and develops metric reports for assigned projects. Presents project metrics information to management on project defects.
- Education and mentoring. Pursues education addressing testing methodologies, automated test tools, systems development life cycles and business area/system knowledge. Actively participates in mentoring associates by coaching them on the testing processes, tools, and applications they will be testing
- Must have 5+ years of experience of Manual testing
- Must have 2 years of experience as an SQA in Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment
- Must have experience with Agile, Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Must have experience using Azure DevOps and Azure Test Plan
- Must have experience using Azure SQL for data validation and manipulation
- Must have experience working with sensitive data in an audited environment
- Experience executing all quality assurance (QA) and testing activities conducted during the project life cycle and ensuring results from these activities are verified thoroughly
- Experience executing test scripts with any complexity level on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience overseeing and/or executing test scripts including setting up the test environment and verifying the results for success
- Experience reviewing project requirements and high level system designs, deriving test strategies and test plans to effectively test the solution, and executing the plan
- Experience performing metric analysis and developing metric reports for assigned projects; presenting metrics information to management on project defects
- Experience maintaining and updating test scripts and test cases for systems
- Experience with manual testing
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Azure Test Plan
- Experience using Azure SQL for data validation and manipulation
- An aptitude to understand application design models, programming languages, and software testing concepts and an interest in learning about software development and testing environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as well as an ability to follow standards
- A high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Ability to deal with some levels of ambiguity
- Nice to Have:
- 2 years of experience developing test automation and the framework from scratch based on application requirements using Visual Studio, C#, Selenium
- Experience with API development for QA automation
- Basic knowledge of Microservices and Kubernetes testing
- Experience in automation reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience working in an EFT environment
- Experience working with sensitive data in an audited environment
- Experience with Agile, Scrum/Kanban
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed