Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL (Hybrid)
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
This Sr. Accounting Analyst is a part of the SET accounting team responsible for GAAP reporting and compliance, as well as general Accounting functions.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting & financial reporting I.e., journal entries, account reconciliations, and account trend/variance analysis of Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC.
- Analyze monthly operating expenses to identify any irregularities and collaborate with the team to validate and/or resolve.
- Prepare monthly financial statement analytics and present to Value Chain Management.
- Review current GAAP, participate in documentation & development of accounting policy, and ensure compliance with accounting regulations.
- Assist with annual GAAP financial statement audits by preparing requested audit schedules, providing account information, and answering auditors’ questions.
- Develop and implement process improvements to enhance controls, efficiency, and automation.
- Participate in ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification required
- Minimum 5-7 years professional accounting experience required; public accounting required
- Strong technical accounting skills required including experience in researching, interpreting, and applying GAAP
- High level of proficiency in utilizing Excel, including advanced formulas and basic macros, knowledge of Essbase, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI preferred
- Requires the ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines while accurately multi-tasking with a high degree of flexibility/adaptability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates
- The ability to be self-motivated by possessing strong problem-solving/analytical solutions by helping to identify, recommend, and implementing process enhancement