Gravity IT Resources
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Miami Lakes – hybrid
Certifications Required: CPA is a plus
Work Eligibility: U.S. Citizen
Referral Fee: $2,400 +/- based on the individual’s annual salary.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing accounting team at one of our top Healthcare clients in the South Florida area. The Senior Accountant plays a critical role in the company’s accounting operations and has the responsibility for the month end close, supports audits and participates in departments initiatives and projects. Specific duties include revenue recognition and fixed asset accounting.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring revenue transactions are reviewed, documented and accounted for in compliance with US GAAP. Prepare monthly revenue journal entries, including accruals, and adjustments.
- Reconcile selected balance sheet and income statement accounts, including performing monthly analytical review.
- Contribute to audit preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
- Drive continued process improvement to create repeatable and consistent best practices that enable scale.
- Handle special projects, as identified.
- Develop and implement policies and practices in compliance with company, SOX, and US GAAP guidelines.
- Support the month and year end closing processes for the fixed asset module including capitalizing assets in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies, running depreciation and making adjustments as necessary.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Accounting Manager
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Public accounting experience highly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- 1-3 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SFENTA will be based on qualifications and job related abilities. SFENTA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. SFENTA will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.