Gravity IT Resources
Title: Sr. BI Analyst
The primary responsibility of the Sr. BI Analyst (Sr. BI Solutions Engineer) is to lead the design, build and enhancement of Business Intelligence solutions and to assure smooth ongoing operation of those solutions. The components of a solution may include: relational databases, extract, transform and load (ETL) processes, OLAP Cubes, reports, advanced analytics, data mining and other data visualization products and Maintain and drive corporate business intelligence design standards, conduct or coordinate unit tests to ensure that the solution meets the design objectives and skill in time management, effective communications and establishing appropriate priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The role of the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is to lead the design, build and enhancements of the Business Intelligence solutions and to assure smooth ongoing operation of those solutions. This role should also serve as a mentor to the developers/analysts. The components of a solution may include:
- Relational Databases
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
- OLAP Cubes
- Advanced analytics
- Data mining
- Other data visualization products
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems and/or methods.
- Keep abreast of technology advancements produced by BI vendors in this space with an eye out for high-performance across the entire stack.
- Keep abreast of new design tools, hardware, software, and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Conduct or coordinate unit tests to ensure that the solution meets the design objectives
- Skill in time management, effective communications and establishing appropriate priorities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Customer satisfaction
- Accomplishment of personal objectives and execution of goals
- Project delivery on time
- Ability to learn and adapt at a rapid pace
- Ability to integrate well with the rest of the BI team
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or other Engineering discipline or relevant work experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4+ years of data warehouse modeling experience
- 4+ years of experience in at least two of the following layers in the BI stack:
- ETL via SSIS
- Report design/development
- OLAP cube development as well as MDX/DAX query language
- T-SQL (Oracle PL/SQL a plus)
- Self-Service Analytics/Visualization tools such as Power BI
- Experience with data mining and predictive/prescriptive analytics is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL Server 2016 and/or above
- SharePoint experience: deploying reports and dashboards
- Excel 2016+ experience as it’s related to ad-hoc cube browsing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of set-based mathematics and statistics