Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Location: 100% Remote
Job-Type: 12-month Contract
Referral Bonus: +/- $150 per month for entire duration of contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution, and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be responsible developing an understanding of the relationship of the data that supports business processes and applications. The analyst will gain insights into the data and the movement of the data from data entry to final data destinations in the back-end files and reporting systems. Candidates must possess the technical capabilities to extract, retrieve and analyze data on their own. Be able to dive in and research new and complex data sources to understand how the data is moving in the system and how the data is stored to identify any anomalies that may exist. The analyst should possess strong interpersonal communication skills to be able to bridge the gap between business and technical users to relay both business and technical concepts as it relates to data. The analyst will be required to document findings and ensure that mappings and lineage are well documented and stored into knowledge storage repositories.
- 5+ years of experience serving as true technical Data Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Strong technical knowledge / expertise
- Experienced in data research
- Strong technical requirements gathering
- Strong SQL knowledge and data retrieval skills required
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Azure SQL
- Ability to read code in Mainframe
- Knowledge of COBOL / DB2 / Informatica or Collibra is a plus.
- Ability to use SAS is a plus.