Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Referral Bonus: +/- $250
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. USC/GC only.
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution, and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
The Sr. Data Engineer will be responsible for developing curated data (data models, data ETL pipelines, views) in a cloud-based environment to support business needs for analytics and reporting. The engineer will assist an existing team with migration from on prem to cloud-based data delivery platform and should have experience in migration of environments. The candidate will provide guidance and support for the set-up of the new environment along with best practices and recommendations based on industry and hands on experience as a data engineer.
- Candidate should have experience with standardizing data modeling and design frameworks for analysis, design, building, testing, and maintenance.
- Cloud based data engineering is required and experience using the Azure stack is highly preferred and recommended.
- Candidates must possess the technical capabilities to extract, retrieve and analyze data with SQL based tools.
- The engineer should possess strong interpersonal communication skills to be able to bridge the gap between business and technical users to understand and assess requirements and deliver data driven solutions.
- The role will also involve adhering to data governance standards and practices along with experience developing in an agile environment using Azure boards or similar tool such as Jira.
- 7+ years of data engineering experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with SQL
- Experience with Azure
- Experience working with data modeling concepts and techniques
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed