Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Quality Data Engineer
Location: Plantation, FL
Referral Fee: $250 +/- $80/WK
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity is looking for Sr. Quality Data Engineer to spearhead our client’s efforts of building QA tooling in Python.
The successful candidate will possess strong programming experience with Python3. Comprehensive knowledge of virtual machines (VMware and VirtualBox) and Linux are also required.
Our client is a ground-breaking augmented reality company that has raised >$2.6B of private equity investment. Their proprietary wearable technology that enables users to interact with digital devices in a completely visually cinematic way. This client’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world and they are looking for bright and eclectic people to achieve this mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain quality data collection and reporting systems including data converters, databases, web services, and graphical reports
- Work closely with Test, Software, Build and Integration engineers to develop tools for automation to continuously improve the release process and automation environment.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate collection and conversion of both software testing data and metric data from active devices.
- Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products.
- Devise visualization, debugging, and simulation tools to process and analyze collected data and represent it in a form that is simple and accessible to other teams and management.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to track metrics resulting from the execution of non-functional tests.
- Active development using Python and shell internal infrastructure projects and tests
Required Experience & Skills:
- Python3 development, using best practices and following PEP8
- Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC in production environment.
- Design, deploy and maintain SQL or/and NoSQL databases (ideally one or more of both)
- Interaction and instrumenting Jenkins for metrics collection from various sources (e.g. from code changes)
- Experience building QA tools with Python
- Embedded system experience a plus
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed