Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Desktop Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Referral Fee: $500+
Gravity is looking for a Sr. Desktop Engineer for our enterprise level client in Fort Lauderdale. Our client is undergoing a transformation in their approach and strategy for End User Computing and moving toward a more user-centric product/service model. If you are excited about working with desktop administration, asset lifecycle management, and desktop virtualization tools such as Tanium, Citrix, ServiceNow, and the like, and are obsessed with creating awesome end-user experiences – we want to meet you!
The Sr. Desktop Engineer will be part of our client’s Technology Operations team. This person will report to the Director of Technical Support as part of the Client Architecture team and will interact with all other technology teams (App Dev, Cyber Security, third-party vendors, etc.) and business teams as part of their role.
· Responsible for analyzing, designing, deploying, migrating, implementing, and supporting computer applications, systems and network configuration to client computers or endpoints
· Participates in developing plans for the desktop environment, considering capacity, physical layout, etc., and makes recommendations to leadership.
· Assists corporate and field associates on design, deployment, and implementation of endpoint devices and software applications
· Monitors system performance through management applications (e.g. Active Directory, GPMC, Tanium, etc.);
· Uses Active Directory to manage organizational units, and build/manage/deploy group policy objects (GPO)
· Builds and maintains operating system images, scripts, application packages, builds/rebuilds/patches workstations, generates workstation hardware/software reports, and carries out technical administration tasks
· Package and deploy applications to end user systems.
· Serves as an escalation point for technically complex problems/service requests from IT Desktop Support, the IT Service Desk, and Field Support
· Provide support to Executive Leadership as required
· Provide tier 3 technical support for both hardware and software issues to end users.
· Manage and support BYOD and Corporate-Owned mobile devices.
· Monitors the performance of the desktop environment and performs basic problem resolution, including coordinating with vendors when needed to ensure continued availability and reliability, following established procedures
· Resolves recurring problems and documents appropriate procedures. Responds to system and application messages
· Provides preventative maintenance on desktop and end-user technologies
· Participates in documenting new procedures in a clear and concise manner. May participate in the development of new or modified procedures
· Identifies opportunities for system improvements and escalates as appropriate
· Participates in a weekly on call rotation to maintain and provide critical system support when required
· Maintains compliance with relevant policies and procedures and escalates any concerns as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree in technical field.
· 5 years’ experience in desktop support, engineering, or architecture with an emphasis on desktop asset management and desktop support
· Strong communication skills with the ability to influence technical teams and vendors
· Demonstrated ability to interact with and support Executive (C-Suite) leadership
· Ability to exercise calm judgment and decision making under pressure.
· Strong understanding of desktop support and packaging tools, along with asset lifecycle management (i.e.Tanium, Citrix, ServiceNow)
· ITIL certification preferred