Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Duration: Minimum 9 Month Contract
Referral Fee: 150+/- per month based on monthly hours worked.
Our client’s 3 brands are currently on prem and are migrating to AWS. They are searching for a strong AWS resource who can assist as a peer to development, and truly gets the advantage of DevOps to improve continuous integration.
Must be able to develop, document, test, maintain and support build environments. Analyze and troubleshoot software problems and recommend viable solutions. Support existing infrastructure and develop new technologies. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for activities and planning while supporting production launches for the client’s sites & mobile app releases.
This candidate should allow the client to speed deployment while increasing performance, building institutional-wide knowledge of our practices and applications, and improving reliability.
- Strong AWS Experience (5+ years)
- Jenkins (CI/CD experience) (5+ Years)
- Kubernetes (3+ Years)
- Terraform or Helm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 3 years of IT support and planning experience or Master’s in Computer Science or relate field of study or any combination of equivalent relevant experience in a related field.
- Expertise in automation tools (Ansible, Selenium) and CI/CD principle
- Skill in collaborating with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact website and mobile app issues.
- Experience working on high-scale, highly distributed e-commerce production environments.
- Expertise in performing quality assurance and agile development practices (especially test-driven development) preferred.
- Use automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, and Selenium to define, refine, and improve our code deployment processes.
- Integrate build tools with automatic validation against a variety of internal and third-party tools.
- Ensure that our development and deployment processes measure their success and continually trend towards zero defects, decreased time to deploy, increased deployments, and easy fail-forward regression fixes.
- Define, specify, and promote artifacts to be included within a product repository that allows us to automatically maintain up-to-date documentation for our applications.
- Administer and improve build and automation environments for developer local, QA, staging, and production.
- Work with SRE personnel to understand failures of deployment or application, as well as performance and reliability characteristics.
- Coordinate and lead production deployments.
- Excellent customer centric skills. You train and support user communities on current deployment best-practices. You respond quickly and efficiently to emergent community or product issues.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of SDLC processes, network systems and IT infrastructure for support, maintenance, and planning purposes.
- Thorough understanding of network architecture and problem solving.
- Breadth and depth of understanding of Windows and Linux based computers systems.
- Solid working knowledge of virtualization technology, common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.), LDAP, web servers, DNS, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Dogged determination to drive out defects and improve product and deployments.
- Unquenchable curiosity: you have a need to know the how and the why of things.
- Collaborative communication skills, written and verbal. You know when to meter out praise and critique and adapt your communication style based on the audience.
- Proactive use of monitoring and reporting tools to identify and quickly correct emergent or trending issues.