Gravity IT Resources
Job: Sr. Director, Product Management- Brokerage
Location: Plantation, Florida
Job Type: Direct Hire
Referral Bonus: $3,200+
Must be US Citizen / Green Card Holder
**No 3rd Parties**
Our client is actively seeking a talented and experienced Senior Director of Product Management to oversee and work with a team of skilled product managers responsible for their brokerage products. This position will be responsible for working with business leadership to assess and define our clients strategy for their core brokerage products and then coordinating and managing the brokerage PM team to execute on that strategy through all stages of the product life cycle.
This role reports to the VP of Product and is an ideal opportunity for someone experienced in the broker dealer space who is excited to stay on top of industry trends and customer needs as they create a strategic plan for enhancing our products and product offering in ways that promote growth and give us a competitive edge.
Our client is an award-winning online brokerage firm seeking to level the playing field for self-directed investors and traders, empowering them to claim their individual financial edge. They are continuously pushing the boundaries of what's possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and relentless search for innovation.
- Assess and present on product opportunities and industry trends in the brokerage space
- Collaborate with the President to define the company's product vision and product differentiation strategy for our brokerage products
- Create and maintain product roadmaps
- Actively research and analyze industry and technology trends, and the competitive landscape in the broker dealer space.
- Spend time in the market with customers and vendors to understand opportunities or issues, and find innovative solutions to differentiate and grow our brokerage products
- Manage and monitor the brokerage product life cycle by collaborating with our Technology, Operations, and Marketing teams
- Work closely with stakeholders, and our marketing team to optimize marketing messages and maximize product positioning
- Manage a team of experienced product managers responsible for our brokerage products
- Oversee team member execution of PM responsibilities
- Provide guidance and mentoring in areas that need improvement by sharing expertise and experience
- Promote teamwork and facilitate individual development
- Optimize and evaluate the performance of the PM team based on KPIs, goals, and feedback from teams throughout the company
- Excellent at executing PM responsibilities, and best practices in an agile organization
- Working understanding of order execution systems, buying power rules and order validations
- Strong analytical and data-driven business goal mindset
- An advocate for simple and effective product designs and customer experience
- Results driven with a “get things done” attitude
- Constant self-improvement, permanent learning, and intellectual curiosity is required
- A passion for learning about innovative market trends in Fintech and technology
- Outstanding communicator and collaborator
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion
- Experience managing a team and performing managerial responsibilities
- Background in brokerage products, operations, and risk management
- Experience with industry vendors such as FIS (phase 3 and GMI), Global Risk, Yodlee, Plaid, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (Master' s/MBA a plus)
- 7+ years' experience as a product manager or product owner in the securities industry