Gravity IT Resources
Strategy & Planning
- Analyze and assess existing POS systems, processes, and procedures.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of POS requirements analysis to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Lead POS functionality review meetings with stakeholders and end-users to elicit and write new business requirements for POS implementation and new/modified functionality.
- Ensure that new POS requirements meet company goals, business and system requirements, and interface specifications, fulfill end-user requirements, and resolve existing POS issues.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the POS requirements process.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Work with business partners to understand the business needs and create a Software Requirements Specification document.
- Collaborate with engineers, analysts, designers, and system owners in POS test planning and execution based on the Software Requirements Specification document.
- Ensure that POS functionalities and training are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision while maintaining a consistent global theme.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, designing, developing, and implementing of POS applications, as well as implementing new functionalities and modifying the existing functionalities.
- Contribute to testing POS applications to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with vendors to efficiently implement POS software products and resolve any adaptation issues.
- Lead POS user training in a global environment.
- Suggest areas for internal process improvement along with possible solutions.
- Identify project business requirement conflicts and provide recommendations.
- Understand project dependencies, critical path, and changes in scope.
- Analyze POS requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to global standards.
- Utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write business requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into POS functional requirements in a straightforward manner understandable to developers/project teams.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to guide the project team.
- Communicate POS changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Coordinate end-user reviews, write training material and provide post-implementation support.
- Collaborate to create and maintain POS training manuals, guidelines, and reports.
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior staff members.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
- Provide application expertise as a project resource.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of the Global POS team.
- Occasional international travel, up to 30%, may be expected.
- Work outside the standard office hours of 8 30 a.m. to 5 00 p.m. may be required to meet, participate in conference calls, etc., based on foreign time zone requirements.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)®, Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA), and/or PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), a plus.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years in IT and/or Retail related experience.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience.
- 5+ years experience in POS and retail enterprise-level application integration and support.
- Experience with business requirements analysis and business process modeling/mapping.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on retail functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Ability to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Experience with writing business and functional requirements for retail applications.
- Hands-on experience developing user manuals and training retail store associates.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office product suites, such as MS PowerPoint, Visio, Excel building diagrams, and presentations.
- Understanding of various essential and complex business functions and roles of an organization.
- Able to document processes and procedures in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively review project plans with project managers and make recommendations or provide feedback based on the program’s needs.
Additional Knowledge And Experience Preferred But Not Required
- Experience with Agile principles and practices.
- Multilingual capabilities (Spanish and/or Portuguese).
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of LATAM fiscal requirements and imported products-related regulations.
- Knowledge of PCI technology, transaction processing, and related retail standards.
- Knowledge of Oracle eBS.