Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Manager – Data Platforms
Referral Fee: $3,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Seeking a technology leader that will lead a team of Data professionals and drive the data platform strategy and architecture. Lead efforts to maximize value in Cloud migration in an Infrastructure as Code environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing 4 DBA types coming in (will grow in the future)
- 50% – architectural decision (what can move to AWS, what shouldn’t, why, how do to it?)
- 20% – management and leadership
- 30% – mentoring and coaching – coaching on how tech is used, when it is used, etc. – Terraform is a good example. How should this team use Terraform and tools like it to accomplish what they want to accomplish.
- Code reviews
Required Experience & Skills:
- DevOps mindset for Data – Needs someone who has done coding through ci/cd pipelines / they’ve touched different technology on prem / on the cloud.
- Coding background through Ci/CD piplines – can deploy through CI/CD
- Experience with on prem SQL Server, work with application teams to build use cases for what to move to cloud
- Needs hands on experience but will not be hands on, will lead and guide team
- Won’t be hands on, but needs to know tech in depth to make the right decisions
Please Force rank the top 3 tech skills this resource need to possess to hit the ground running?
- SQL Server knowledge/experience
- Thought Leader
- Experience with RDBMS Systems -> AWS
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB, Postrgres, Mariah DB, etc.)
- AWS – knowledge of how networking components work as well
- Inf as Code – Terraform (1-1.5 years), CloudFormation, Ansible, SaltStack
- Scripting knowledge (Python 1-2 years), Powershell, etc.)