Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Release Engineer
Job-Type: Contract to hire (6+ months)
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for an Engineer III of Release Management who is an experienced professional and participates in supporting, leading, creating, extending deployment processes and tools across products.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment process workflows within the software development lifecycle, a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive complex and challenging projects.
Our client supplies more than 7,000 institutional and retail pharmacies with automation and analytics solutions to help increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence, and improve patient safety. They are a well-established, multibillion organization that values innovation.
- Scheduling, planning, and controlling the development and delivery processes we use to release and deploy our software products to the cloud and on-premises.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Operations, Security, and Compliance teams helping coordinate all product development and delivery efforts.
- Overall, your primary focus will be on shipping high-quality releases on-time and on-budget.
- You will also help us improve and mature our delivery & deployment processes and the underlying tooling helping drive higher levels of efficiencies, cost savings throughout our product development and delivery processes.
- Help develop the release deliverables within our release life cycles.
- Support our CI/CD pipelines and build pipelines
- Create and support on-premise deployment packages and optimizing software delivery processes
- Develop and validate Server and PC hardware configurations
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Participate in release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Support our Engineering Communities with development platforms and tooling
- Plan and give updates on the release activities.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Suggest improvements in the methodologies used for product delivery within organization.
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge in Installation methodologies and using InstallShield
- Experience with PowerShell, vbscript, Batch, Python, C#
- Significant Experience with modern CI/CD based product development and delivery pipelines, Including TeamCity, Jenkins, and TeamBuild
- Significant experience of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating systems. Windows and Linux OSes
- Significant knowledge of Operating Systems deployment methodologies
- Experience with Server and PC hardware configurations
- Experience releasing on-premises products
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Outstanding team management skills
- Knowledge of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, and Kanban
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills, especially helping coordinate across different functional teams.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to present to large groups.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytics skills.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to continuously prioritize in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience releasing cloud-based software products.
- Experience working with modern cloud technologies
- Working Knowledge of modern container-based applications and their associated tooling including Docker, K8's, Helm.
- Can be Remote
- Corporate office/lab environment/remote
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.