Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. SQL Database Administrator
Job-Type: Contract to Hire
Referral Fee: $50-$100 a month for the length of the contract period
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
Gravity is looking for an enterprise level Sr. SQL Database Administrator to spearhead designing, implementing, documenting, and supporting database environments in public cloud. .
The successful candidate will possess enterprise level experience with relational database engineering and administration. Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server is also required. Experience leading members of a team will be very beneficial for this position.
Our client is one of the oldest and highest rated home security companies in the United States. They've been around for 140 years and are an excellent place for those looking for a role with long term stability and growth.
- Build and maintain database environments that would ensure the highest levels of performance, cost efficiency, and availability.
- Experience with migrating databases from on-prem to cloud
- Experience managing Hybrid SQL environments
- Extensive experience with SQL 20172016, SQL Alwayson, HA/DR setup, Clustering, Replication (including merge), & table partitioning. Experience with SQL 2019 is desired, but not mandatory.
- Participates in business and technical IT solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Experience working with very large database environments
- Experience with T-SQL, SSIS & SSRS.
- Assist in the design, creation, and maintenance of MS-SQL databases.
- Develop and support standards and database design, as well as maintenance, access, auditing and security administration.
- Perform backup and recovery on Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Possess the ability to optimize database access and allocate/reallocate database resources for optimum configuration, database performance, and cost.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting database performance issues & SQL performance tuning
- Required to be on-call for database support on a scheduled basis
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the function and advises senior management on issues as they pertain to larger organizational issues/business initiatives.
- Prepares system documentation and maintains security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Experience leading team, assigning tasks & responsibilities as needed to the team members.
- Ability to work independently without any supervision.
- Ready to multi-task as needed
- Good documentation skills
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Powershell would be desired but not mandatory
- Experience working in a DevOps environment would be desired but not mandatory.