Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: $2000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
This person will provide design, implementation, maintenance and support services for server level enterprise applications. Also will be responsible for maintaining end to end knowledge of all systems supported.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems.
- Sets up administrator and service account’s, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance and installs system-wide software.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades.
- Configures software and resolves technical problems.
- Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5 years in a Systems Administrator role
- 5 years Networking experience (Routing, VLAN’s, firewalls)
- Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) experience
- VM Ware Experience and/or Veeam experience
- Window server support and active directory experience
- 5 years’ Debian based Linux experience. High level of proficiency required!
- 8 years’ experience in an IT related role
- Virtualization hypervisor management (VM configuration and setup of Nutanix AHV, VMware ESXi, and Virtualbox systems)
- Broad understanding of information technology concepts.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to write documentation and training materials.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.