Gravity IT Resources
Job title: Systems Administrator
Time Zone: EST Time Zone
Duration: Full Time
Work Authorization: USC/Green Card Holder
With limited guidance from a supervisor, the Windows Sys Admin & Cloud Engineer utilizes knowledge and experience to deploy new technologies as well as design, install, configuring, maintain and perform system integration testing, and troubleshooting of both cloud and on-premises server operating systems, related utilities & microservices and hardware. The Windows Sys Admin & Cloud Engineer monitors system activities and fine tunes system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems and cloud services. They perform capacity analysis, monitor and control usage of resources, while maintaining a stable, secure, and productive technology environment(s).
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Manage and maintain MS Exchange 2016 hybrid Exchange Online solution, and Office 365 Cloud Services including managing 3rd party SPAM, Threat Protection & Email Archive solutions.
- Manage and maintain MS Server environments 2003 -2019 including enterprise directory services, Group Policy, DNS, IIS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, Azure, AWS and o365 Services.
- Manage and maintain on premise and Azure cloud-based virtualization environments, collaboration tools and SharePoint sites.
- Assist with security architecture, vulnerability monitoring and remediation.
- Produce metric reports and capacity planning reports as needed to support the on-premises and Cloud Windows and storage environments.
- Assist in planning/implementing/managing Disaster Recovery solutions for enterprise applications and infrastructure, including Azure Site Recovery Manager.
- Ensure all system changes meet change control and secure standard policies and procedures.
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents.
- Maintaining documentation and diagrams regarding the various environments our client’s assets reside in.
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server and core infrastructure services environment.
- Lead root cause outage analysis efforts.
- Lead efforts of outsourced support resources.
- Perform regular system tuning, upgrades, and performance monitoring.
- Occasionally leads technical teams as needed toward meeting project objectives.
- Works closely with key project team members such as; project managers, business analyst, technical leads, and business users.
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the standardized work documents by using process improvement principles.
- Evaluate and recommend new technology upgrades; evaluate new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software/hardware.
- Participates in On-Call rotation to provide 24/7 critical systems production support.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Informal
- Experience leading small cross functional project teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead complex discussions in a mixed technical and business team environment.
- Must have a team-oriented approach and keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing systems.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to Cloud services, IT systems and technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of common industry hardware, operating systems, monitoring software, tools and utilities, and platforms, in addition to free and open source tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, data base, project planning.
- Extensive knowledge and practice creating, executing, and scheduling PowerShell scripts or other methods to resolve issues and/or automate tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and PMO methodologies.
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to current and future business environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure hardware and/or software installation, configuration and maintenance (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches, operating systems, storage, administration/monitoring tools).
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. In lieu of computer-related degree, Associate degrees in other fields may be considered in conjunction with equivalent work experience.
- More than 8 years of experience in IT industry with experience in Windows Server administration; Windows 2003 – 2019
- Managing Cloud Services experience (i.e., Azure, AWS)
- Active Directory Services (AD, DNS, DHCP), MS Clustering, RDP, and MS Terminal Server 2008/2012/2016 and Lync/Skype for Business.
- More than 10 years of experience in IT industry with experience in MS Exchange Server administration 2010/2016.
- Hands on Experience in IIS Web Server Administration – IIS 6.0 / IIS 7.0 / IIS 8.0.
- Hands on Experience is installing and deploying .NET web applications.
- Hands on Experience in managing / supporting VMWARE servers (hosts and guests).
- Hands on Experience with the complete patch management lifecycle including testing, deploying, troubleshooting missing patches and patch issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Microsoft certified (MCSE).
- Experience with MS SQL, Oracle DB.
- Experience with IaaS Cloud Solutions – MS Azure preferred.
- Experience with Office 365 and SaaS based solutions.
- Experience with administering a Certificate Authority or PKI environment.
- Hands on experience in supporting various Load Balancer solutions.
- Hands on Linux Administration experience.
- Hands on experience with Application Performance Management solutions.
- SharePoint administration experience.
- Systems Security training and/or certifications.
- Hands on experience with on premise and cloud-based Identity Management solutions.
- Experience in regulated IT environments (HIPAA, PCI, SOC 2, ISO 27001).