Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Systems Architect- Advanced
Location: Hybrid (Tallahassee, FL)
Job Type: Contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
The Systems Architect Advanced will play a key role in assisting the Office of Information Technology in the establishment, adoption, continued execution of cloud services, and the maintenance of existing legacy systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote cultural change for cloud adoption
- Assist in ongoing modernization and migration efforts
- Expand upon cloud strategy and coordinate adoption
- Architect, design, facilitate, lead, coordinate, and direct cloud initiatives on multiple fronts across a variety of disparate areas within the organization, this could include Application development; Data management, analytics, and protection; external IT hosting; Identity and access management; Infrastructure; Network; Security, privacy, and compliance
- Build and manage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Recommend and assist with the building and hosting of complex application solutions.
- Understand, deploy, and manage Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Resolve production release issues across business and technology teams, as well as broader strategic or systemic issues that are creating inefficiencies or hindering progress.
- Enhance FDOT’s application and system monitoring solutions to ensure the right staff get the right alerts.
- Reviews, advises, and designs standard software and hardware builds, system options, risks, costs vs. benefits and impact on the enterprise business process and goals.
- Automate processes wherever possible.
- Create and manage Azure DevOps projects, git repositories, and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot development issues brought forth by developers and other architects.
- Present to your peers on findings of new technologies, enterprise-wide issues, and enhancements you have made to better the mission.
Required Experience and Skills
- 2 – 3 years of strong professional experience as a Microsoft Azure cloud systems architect is required.
- 2 – 3 years of experience with other cloud providers, such as AWS or GCP is highly desired.
- 5 – 8 years of professional experience in information systems engineering or another related field is required.
- 5 years of professional experience supporting middleware such as API Management, IT Service Automation tools, and batch job services is highly desired.
- Experience with .Net application development in a DevOps environment is highly desired.
- 2 – 3 years of professional experience in administration of ESRI GIS software is highly desired.
- 2 – 3 years of experience with Enterprise Architecture is required.
- Microsoft Azure certification is highly desired.