Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Technical Architect, Identity Access Management (IAM)
Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida – Hybrid (2-3 days a week)
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, high-performing Identity and Access Management (IAM) products and solutions that meet the client governance, procedure, standards, and processes.
- Drive the technical vision and design to ensure security architecture is compliant with the least privileged model.
- Lead the development of solution designs, roadmaps, and system transition plans to align projects, business, application, data and integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Partner with product, development, project, engineering, and other architects to resolve and mitigate risks while addressing business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with security architecture standards and processes.
- Partner with project teams and business users to create and guide detailed design plans and documentation.
- Define enterprise IAM security standards and policies to comply with the governance control framework to ensure compliance and adherence.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for IAM architecture to support current and future IAM strategy.
- Write specifications, how-to documentation, test plans, and test reports.
- Work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional areas.
- Design and aid in the creation of Identity Management standards for new projects.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed, but to also provide guidance and mentorship to the engineering and support teams within IAM.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continue training to strengthen skills in supporting existing and emerging technologies.
- Work as the subject matter expert when managing vendors and contractors in building identity programs and services.
- Own strategy and direction for Identity and Access technical programs and projects.
- Review, update and recommend changes to Identity and Access policies, standards, and procedures to mature the IAM program.
- Lead efforts to define authentication and authorization strategy, working cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Product Owners, and other Security Specialists.
- Work within both on-premises and cloud-based identity and provisioning systems.
- Maintain and further enhance IDM frameworks, models, and tools for delivering IAM services.
- Design, develop, and implement custom identity integration solutions.
- Participate in disaster recovery, contingency planning, and testing for identity systems.
- Identify business requirements in business systems implementation projects concerning identity.
- Expert comprehension of project management methods including SAFe, Agile, and Scrum frameworks.
- Identify and manage IAM architectural issues of various platforms, applications, and systems to plan and solution to problem resolution according to standardized processes.
- Serve as the technical SME and a key decision-maker for IAM as it relates to cloud security, network security, and other platforms related to security efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & COMPETENCIES:
- Strategic and forward-thinking technology leader with deep expertise in technology strategy
- Able to elicit technical requirements with limited information or guidance to architect solutions that meet both business and enterprise needs.
- Identifies deficiencies in technology solutions and works with appropriate technical teams to resolve
- Can break complex and large technical solutions into manageable activities and prioritize
- Nature of the work is such that is performed on own responsibility
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical resources, particularly the skill of expressing complex issues with clarity & simplicity
- Takes personal ownership for the outcomes of their services and products
- Speaks up in group situations with clear, encouraging, and honest communication to bring solutions to problems
- Effective in use of listening skills and earning the trust of others up, down, and across the organization
- Flexible and responsive
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines
- Open to idea exploration with strong problem-solving/analytical abilities
- Embodies a learning spirit through continuous self-learning and imparting knowledge with others.
- Leads, motivates, and inspires teams.
- Able to recognize the true meaning of opportunities, situations, and circumstances to provide meaningful mentoring and guidance.
- Teaches by example in daily actions and provides personal feedback and coaching to others
- Possess executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Should be self-driven and innovative
- Ability to work effectively with all levels, either independently or as part of a team
- Comprehends how to leverage the organizational structure and through the use of interpersonal relationships can influence others to drive decisions quickly
Educational & Preferred Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and/or 10 years related experience in an IT discipline.
- Ability to work in a matrixed and collaborative environment.
- 5+ years working in Identity and Access Management
- 8+ years experience in IT Security.
- Expert knowledge of authentication and authorization standards (i.e. SAML, OAuth, NTLM, LDAP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge across the technology stack such as web protocols, multiple operating systems, and distributed systems architecture.
- Strong disciple regarding enforcement of access management principles.
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions.
- Experience with Multi-factor authentication, AWS, SSO, Azure, and Privileged Account Management technologies such as RSA, and CyberArk.
- Knowledge and comprehension of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies.
License/Certifications (any of the following are a plus):
CISSP, CISA, CAP, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3