Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Technical Data Analyst
Location: Huntersville, NC
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to support broad data management and data governance initiatives. The successful candidate will help turn data into information and insight to support business decisions and ensure data quality.
The Data Analyst’s responsibilities include conducting data analysis as well as business analysis to identify gaps, new connections, correlation in data (master , transactional) and recommend opportunities & improvements. This position will require collaborations with key members of: IT, Advanced Analytics, Supply Chain, Vendor Relations, Finance, Sales and others. The position will ensure that the data has been received in the proper format, at the appropriate time, is correct, and is suitable for the intended end use.
- Interpret data, profile and analyze results
- Analyze and manage master data across multiple domains such as Customer, Product, Consumer
- Analyze and manage 3rd Party and other external data sets
- Build business processes diagrams to automate data management
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Leverage databases, analytics and other data tools to manage data
- Acquire data, profile and clean in collaboration with data stewards
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, trouble shoot data quality issues
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Define and document business requirements, data quality rules, improvement to data flows
- Proactively analyze data to increase quality as it relates to accuracy, completeness, consistency, integrity, timeliness, conformity, and validity
- Communicate and present to internal associates and external parties
- Set data standards & taxonomies to ensure data quality
Must Have Requirements
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficient in SQL (Ability to write complex queries profile, clean and standardize data)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Familiarity with Linear models and knowledge using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, visualization and presenting findings
- Experience working in an agile team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding, fast-paced environment and to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Management or Data Science.