Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: UX Developer
Location: National Remote
Job-Type: Full time
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a UX Developer that will help create and deliver a digital experience strategy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated command of User-Centered Design (UCD) principles and be capable of directing the development of complex interactive functionality for desktop, tablet and mobile. Must be able to recognize the value of connecting the brand experience with technology and has a passion for solving problems, influencing in a cross-functional context, and delivering exceptional results.
Our client is a leader in the Ohio market and Property and Casualty Insurance industry. They are growing their UX capabilities and looking for talented professionals wanting to take the next step in their career.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define, prioritize and drive deliverables aligning to the Marketing and Product roadmap including all user experience design assets to support decisions and the development of the organizations branded experiences
- Work closely with IT and Product Managers to foster an environment of creative problem-solving
- Drive frequent iteration and evolution of design solutions for current and proposed experiences
- Work closely with the analytics team to understand consumer needs and behaviors both prior to efforts and when evaluating usability of proposed solutions
- Develop and champion / challenger solutions, and move quickly to implement winning designs
- You will keep abreast of industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the group
- Assist in content development
- Conduct competitor and customer analysis
- You will be a customer champion in regards to the user experience and customer communication throughout the organization
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication Design/Graphic/Advertising Design or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 1-5 years of related work experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer and/or 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer preferred
- Experienced in user experience methods, analytical, problem solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude. Capacity to understand the business and UX consequences of technical decisions
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools – Photoshop and other Adobe graphics software, Visio, Axure
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices.
- Detailed knowledge of jQuery and cross-platform browser compliance
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using (Sketch, nVision, Axure, Figma, etc.).
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Proficiency using the command line.
- Strong knowledge of how to implement A/B and multivariate testing and measurement (using tools such as Google Optimize).
- Ability to use Google Analytics to build reports and measure the effectiveness of various tests and experiments.
- Proven ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions.
- Demonstrated track record in the development of artifacts such as wireframes, process flows, flow charts, functional specifications, prototypes, sketches, storyboards, scenarios, customer journey maps and consumer personas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, highly adaptable and have a strong desire to embrace change.