Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Website Content Specialist
Location: Clearwater, FL (Hybrid)
Job Type: FTE/Direct Placement
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
The Website Content Specialist creates high-quality and engaging website content and drives business success with it. This position will work on 7 websites using the Content Management System (CMS) – Sitecore. The Website Content Specialist will work with the marketing team to implement our website strategy and achieve our goals and objectives.
Our client is a leading marine retailer offering resources to enjoy the boating and yachting lifestyle and to be United By Water.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly audit website content for accuracy and performance to create a great user experience that drives online results.
- Adhere to SEO best practices and implement SEO improvement plans to increase organic traffic.
- Plan navigation, page layouts and content for new websites or redesigned websites utilizing Sitecore.
- Write content to be used on website as well as proofread existing copy on website and that created by other team members.
- Utilize photoshop to resize and edit images to go on the websites.
- Complete testing of new functionality and other changes made on the website to ensure successful deployments free of bugs and errors.
- Build and maintain website pages that provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
- Maintain content on websites to be accurate, timely and grammatically correct.
- Clearly communicate the progress of website projects to the team as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and meet deadlines
Required Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of robust experience with website content using content management systems.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills.
- Proficiency in HTML. Bootstrap experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of web best-practices.
- Experience with Photoshop required and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and ability to use to make recommendations for websites.
- Ability to think through problems and express them clearly.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.