Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer III
Location: St. Petersburgh, FL (On site)
Job Type: 12+ month contract
The job function of a Manufacturing Engineer is to provide technical contributions for both commercialized and new products. This position is responsible for the processes, equipment, documentation, and related supplier capability required to manufacture assigned products. The scope of the position includes routine production line support, product improvement projects, and new product introduction activities. The focus of the position is to continually improve product quality, delivery, and cost, both on the factory floor and from the related suppliers. Although the technology will be specific to the product family, process, and equipment, general manufacturing engineering tools will be applied across all product lines.
In order to work effectively as a Manufacturing Engineer 3 the position is expected to:
- Technical Competence: Process and apply a broad knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering disciplines. Perform analysis and problem solving for manufacturing non-conformances. Perform lab experiments to collect and summarize data in order to develop new processes or solve problems. Apply the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures required to perform manufacturing engineering disciplines such as 5S, Lean, and Six-Sigma.
- Manufacturing Process Development and Controls: Design the work-flow of a manufacturing processes. Through time and motion studies, quantify the work content of a manufacturing process. Independently write procedures, work instructions and test documentation of low to medium complexity. Research, design and create specifications to eliminate or reduce top process constraints. Prepare capital expenditure package including ROI to address capacity limiters within the process. Refine and document capacity and efficiency models. Identify opportunities for quality defects to occur in manufacturing processes and suggest mitigations. Create tools and lead ergonomic program. Utilizing lean manufacturing concepts, work independently to evaluate existing workstation layout, make recommendations for improvement and create reports. Execute equipment Design of Experiment plan.
- Manufacturing Equipment and Test Development: Conduct production ready design of tools and fixtures using SolidWorks. Writes specifications for new equipment. Lead installation of Major equipment installation under supervision Develops complex manufacturing tooling, jigs and fixtures to improve process controls. Demonstrate proficient knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of equipment controls across multiple product lines. Navigate complex system interactions to create interlinking procedures and test documentations. Identify Critical to Quality specifications to ensure through testing of all changes. Understands electrical design, schematics and CAD assembly drawings. Independently test and debug equipment with the use of basic mechanical measurement/alignment tools and electrical test equipment. Review process and product data in order to correlate machine settings to product characteristics. Process and apply a broad knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of equipment programming controls. Analyze and interpret data in order to develop test processes. Perform basic equipment programming applications, troubleshoot and write work instructions.
- Product and Process/Equipment Documentation: Capable of working independently to create BOM’s, assembly drawings, work instructions Create a Device Master Record for medical equipment per ISO 13485 guidelines. Create part and assembly drawings in SolidWorks and work instructions in MS Word.
- Product Change Management: Create documentation required for a product design changes. Initiate and lead the activities required to gain cross-functional approval and implement changes.
- Supplier Capability Development: Work on cross-functional teams, to assess and validate supplier process capability for new products, improve existing supplier processes, support supplier identification of projects to improve product quality and cost, and participate in experiments to determine root cause analysis of supplier quality issues.
- New Product Development: Represent manufacturing engineering on cross-functional teams to assess supplier capabilities, develop packaging solutions for components and systems, create operational and process qualification protocols for new products and processes. Collaborate with suppliers on DFM analyses. Collaborate with hardware engineering team on design verification studies Specs tools, fixtures and support process equipment for new process supporting NPI. Manage new equipment installation and commissioning of new plant equipment as determined by Sr. Engineer. Develop packaging solutions, and manufacturing line layouts.
- New Product Realization/Commercialization: Contribute to design transfer activities such as process validations. Participate in post-new product launch issue resolution teams.
- Cost Reduction: Responsible for project managing and administration of multiple cost improvement projects, both internal to manufacturing and cross-functional.
- Project Management: Represent manufacturing engineering on cross-functional teams to design and validate new products, improve processes, identify and implement continuous improvement concepts, assess suppliers, perform root cause analysis and problem solving, etc.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to achieve results
- Quality Management Systems exposure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated team work and collaborating behaviors
- General computer applications such as Excel, Access, Visio, Tableau
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- MS Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- ISO 13485/FDA Regulation Experience
- CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks
- ERP knowledge, preferably SAP
- PLM knowledge, preferably Agile