Feeling the talent pinch?
Bridge technology resource gaps with cost-effective and flexible staffing models from Gravity IT
The demand for IT professionals continues to grow rapidly in 2023, with cybersecurity, cloud computing, software development and Gen AI resources specifically in-demand skills.
However, hiring full-time staff can be expensive in salary, benefits and onboarding costs. It can also be time-consuming and challenging. The Staffing Industry Analysts IT Staffing Benchmarking Survey Report recently reported cloud engineers, cyber engineers, data engineers & Scientists & DevOps were the four most challenging IT occupations to recruit in the first half of 2023.
This is where IT staffing firms with flexible hiring models and referral-based recruiting programs like Gravity IT Resources come in.
“There is still a demand for top technical talent,” remarked Gravity’s Managing Partner and Co-Founder Brett Connolly.
“We continue to find great homes for our highly endorsed consultants. It sounds redundant but referrals are the best way to source talent. Research shows the majority of IT professionals are open to hearing about new opportunities. Sometimes you just need to nudge them.”
By partnering with an IT staffing firm that offers contract-to-hire, nearshore, and managed team services, businesses can realize significant cost savings in several ways:
- Avoid expensive benefit packages – With contract workers, businesses only pay for the hours worked, avoiding healthcare, retirement, and other benefit costs.
- Pay market-value rates – IT staffing firms can negotiate competitive market rates for specific skills and roles much cheaper than salaried positions.
- Only pay for the time you need – Businesses can scale teams up and down to meet demand, only paying for the time they need IT talent.
- Access a wider talent pool – IT staffing firms have access to a global talent pool, helping find qualified candidates faster.
- Reduce turnover costs – With contract-to-hire models, businesses can “test drive” workers before making full-time offers, reducing turnover.
- Focus on core business – Internal recruiters become overwhelmed. IT staffing firms take recruitment off your plate.
- Implement projects quicker – Pre-vetted talent can onboard and ramp up faster than recruiting internally.
Research shows that the cost of replacing an employee can be substantial. Gallup finds that replacement costs can range from one-half to two times the employee’s annual salary. Another study by Payactiv aligns with Gallup’s estimate, also stating that replacement costs typically range from 50% to 200% of an employee’s annual salary. For a $100k IT role, that’s $50k conservatively! Avoid these excessive replacement costs by partnering with an IT staffing firm offering flexible talent models tailored to your budget and needs.
The IT talent market will remain highly competitive throughout the rest of 2023. Working with a staffing firm provides access to top talent at a fraction of the cost of full-time hires. Take advantage of the savings flexible talent solutions provide as you continue to innovate and grow in the new year.
About Gravity IT Resources
Gravity is a Human Capital Management company headquartered in Fort Lauderdale with offices across the country including Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Columbus, Cincinnati, Salt Lake City, San Diego and Tampa. Our company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as an “Inc. 5000” award winner and one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States for the last 5 consecutive years (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023).
Gravity helps prominent clients like Salesforce, Chewy, Carnival Cruise Lines, AutoNation and hundreds of other big and small companies to identify, recruit and hire IT professionals for their most critical projects and jobs. Our recruitment spans across various roles, including artificial intelligence (AI) specialists, software engineers, cloud engineers, project managers, data engineers, business analysts, security engineers and more.
To serve clients effectively, Gravity offers a range of delivery models and services, encompassing:
- Contract, Contract-to-Hire & Direct Hire of US-based Resources
- Nearshore Staff Augmentation
- Managed Team Services
To learn more about Gravity IT Resources practices, career opportunities and culture, visit https://www.gravityitresources.com/.